Thursday 19 July 2012

Review: Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara

Rimmel Day 2 Night mascara, Boots, £7.99

Now I know I'm a bit late jumping on the band wagon for this one, but finally I caved in and bought Rimmel's Day 2 Night mascara, and you know what ladies? Disappointing isn't even the word!!

I've gone to buy this mascara on a number of occasions now, and each time my friend has warned me away from the product saying that she has tried it and all it did was clump her lashes together. I kind of trusted her because she always has lovely lashes and so didn't buy it, however after running completely out of my Rimmel Lash Accelerator and Maxfactor 2000 Calorie Lashes, I thought what the hell, let's give it a go! So off I sneaked to the shops without this particular friend to sway my views on it, but I have to give her credit and say infact yes, she was 100% right.

I bought mine from Boots for £7.99 and I thought the price was great. If you don't know by now, this mascara has two wands that slot inside of each other (complicated I know). One brush picks up more product creating more volume in your lashes, and the other is a lengthening wand which holds less product.

After applying a first coat of the lengthening side, I didn't have high hopes. Already my lashes weren't as fanned out or lengthened as I expected, but I pursued to the volumising stage to see if it would get any better. How wrong could I have been. In trying to make my lashes 'voluminous', I achieved nothing but stubby, clumpy lashed. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not the kinda girl that can't cope with a few clumps in her lashes because quite frankly, I love layering up the mascara to get huge lashes. But this was just a no go, even for me. My lashes weren't in the least voluminous, they all stuck together like a bunch of magnets on my eyelids. 

I really don't get the hype around this product, everyone seems to love it but me?! What are your oppinions on the Day 2 Night mascara? Did you go through the same ordeal as me or was your experience totally different?!
Lots of Love
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment