Monday 20 August 2012

Tanaholic Review | L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Mousse

L'Oreal Sumblime Bronze Mousse, £9.99, Boots

Being the pastey pale human being that I am, there's no question about it.. I like to give myself a bit of colour. Unfortunately I'm far too lazy to keep up a regular tanning routine so that I look like a bronzed goddess all day every day, but for special occasions, nights out, or just when I'm feeling down with how ill I look without any colour I like to pop a bit of fake tan on. 

Now to all you beautiful snow white girls out there who actually suit pale skin, please don't be offended by what I am saying. I think pale skin looks gorgeous on those who can pull it off, giving you a sort of catwalk model look to your image. But for me, I simply look ill. 

I've tried tan after tan after tan, some I've loved, some I've came out looking like a dodgy coloured umpa-lumpa. But the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Mousse is definitely a winner for me. On the first application I was majorly dissapointed with this product. I had shaken the bottle to mix the liquid and mousse together, but there was just no difference to the colour of my skin at all. After ranting and raving I had another go with it the next morning and bloody hell was I impressed!! An instant golden colour! The formula hadn't properly mixed the previous morning as the bottle was obviously full, hence the colourless mousse, but when mixed properly this tan was absolutely gorgeous.

A lot of tans these days have a green undertone to prevent them from going orange on the skin. However I'm not really a fan of that because I feel it makes the tan slightly duller and darker. I like my tan to be sunkissed and golden and this is exactly the result I got! The smell of this product is not offensive at all. It doesn't have the typical biscuity fake tan smell, but more of a summery, holiday smell. It wears quite well and last for a good 2-3 days without needing another application. I suggest putting it on before bed and then washing it off in the shower the next morning. This way any excess product is washed off meaning it won't go onto your clothes or you won't go patchy in the rain! However I will warn you that if you apply a layer of this product say on a morning, and then put another layer on on the same evening without washing the remains of the first layer off, it can go quite bitty and cling to the dry areas, so washing the excess off is very important when applying numerous layers. It dries very quickly and actually leaves your skin feeling quite nurished and hydrated which is unusual for a mousse type product.

 I just wish they perhaps did different shades in the tan say for example light, medium and dark. I love the colour it gives me but I could maybe ask for it slightly darker! Overall I think this tan is wonderful and a steal at just £9.99. I will definitely be repurchasing it again! 

Lots of Love
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment